fire emblem forum
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

het is een forum over het beste spel namelijk: fire emblem

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenZoekenRegistrerenInloggen

Culture? Goddesses?

Ga naar beneden 
+2
Pelleas
Morgan~
6 plaatsers
Ga naar pagina : 1, 2  Volgende
AuteurBericht
Morgan~

Morgan~

Aantal berichten : 185
Registratiedatum : 22-05-15
Leeftijd : 24

Culture? Goddesses? Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptydo jun 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Okay, so before I came here Father told me to pay attention to cultural differences with people I'd meet! I'm not the greatest expert on culture, but I have noticed we from Ylisse have different gods than those of wherever you exactly came from!
Tell me about your culture and the goddess you keep referring to, please! I have to know as much as I can, to overcome Father!
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Pelleas

Pelleas

Aantal berichten : 50

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 05, 2015 6:12 am

So it's true.. I was told that you and certain other individuals are not from Tellius, at least not the continent as we know it. You have entirely different gods and ways of living, don't you? It's.. impressive to think that there's even more out there.

As for your questions; The Goddess that most of us refer to.. That would most likely be Ashunera, although you may have heard mentions of Ashera or Yune instead.
Culture-wise, I can't speak for all the nations of the continent -- but if you have any specific questions concerning Daein, I would happily answer some for you.
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 05, 2015 10:39 am

Ashunera... Ashera, Yune...
[ Takes notes in a notebook she somehow is in possession of ]
I'll be happy to know all about Da--dei--dai... eh, but can you tell me a little about these goddesses first? Do they stand for certain ideals? Like a goddess of light and dark or?
Pelleas

Pelleas

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 05, 2015 11:10 am

I suppose you could say so. The last two I mentioned -- Ashera and Yune -- represent order and chaos, respectively. They're opposites in that aspect, but in a way, they're much the same.
The Goddess Ashunera.. as you may have figured by her name, is what ties them together. Order and chaos once were one, completing each other as a whole.
The aforementioned Ashera and Yune then were one and the same.. They were Ashunera.

There's a story behind how they were seperated, although it may not be easy to follow if you're not familiar with the history of Tellius.  Still, if you wish to learn more of it, I will try to explain it to the best of my ability.
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 05, 2015 11:15 am

Order and chaos...
Hmm, in a way I can relate that to Naga and Grima. Though they are dragons rather than goddesses.

Oh, the history of this place? I'm interested. It'll probably help me understand this place better!
Pelleas

Pelleas

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 05, 2015 1:21 pm

That may very well be true.. I will tell you the history as I know it, then.

As you may have already heard from the others, the continent of Tellius is shared between two races -- the Beorc and the Laguz. It hasn't always been like that throughout history, however. Both races are in fact descendants of the Zunanma, the original race that inhabited not only Tellius, but all of the lands. Their Goddess, being Ashunera, watched over them and was very loved by the people.

When the Zunanma eventually split into Beorc and Laguz, the two now different races began fighting, eventually resulting in war. Ashunera attempted to put an end to this.. to no avail. Ultimately, she could no longer control her emotions, and unintentionally flooded all continents but Tellius.
Regretting this afterwards, Ashunera cast aside her emotions to prevent any similar disasters from ever happening again. Her emotions manifested themselves in the form of Yune, the Goddess of Chaos. What remained of her was Ashera, now devoid of any powerful feelings or emotion.

And that's.. That's how it all happened. Ofcourse, many other events took place between then and now, but this is the history of the continent at its core.
I hope you were generally able to follow the story, although I could understand if some parts were a little confusing.
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyza jun 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Notes are taken!
That's one hell of a history this place has!

But eh.. what's exactly the difference between these two races? .. Wait, I believe some of you called the Taguel 'Laguz'.. so they're all cute and fluffy rabbit people or?
Frederick.

Frederick.

Aantal berichten : 178
Registratiedatum : 19-05-15
Leeftijd : 36

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyza jun 06, 2015 2:30 pm

I hope you don't mind me listening? I'm rather fascinated by this story.
http://tinyurl.com/amazingpoem
Pelleas

Pelleas

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyzo jun 07, 2015 6:31 am

Haha, ofcourse not. I don't mind at all.

I don't think cute and fluffy rabbit people would be an.. accurate way to describe them, albeit the Laguz do possess certain physical traits we Beorc would only find in animals -- such as wings or tails. The Laguz also have the unique ability to shapeshift into a different form, depending on their type. For instance, Bird Laguz can shift into hawks, ravens or herons; whereas Beast Laguz can adopt the form of a cat, tiger or lion.
Beorc are.. Beorc are the people like you and me. The people that don't share these traits and that are not capable of transforming.

Ofcourse, these are merely the physical differences.. In reality, there are more things that set the races apart from one another.
Frederick.

Frederick.

Aantal berichten : 178
Leeftijd : 36

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyzo jun 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Do the Beorc and the Laguz revere different forms of the goddess you mentioned? Since they grew apart so much, it made me wonder...
http://tinyurl.com/amazingpoem
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyzo jun 07, 2015 2:20 pm

[ Taking many, many notes! ]
~Reyson

~Reyson

Aantal berichten : 166
Registratiedatum : 07-06-15
Leeftijd : 105

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyzo jun 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Allow me to help explaining. As Ashunera had split into two, Yune had become known as a dark goddess that should always be kept sealed inside of Lehran's Medaillion. As she had become known as a dark goddess, her existence was forgotten by many of the Laguz and Beorc.
The teachings of Ashera were followed by all of us, however some tribes have relied more on her than others. In the Beorc countries she has been most worshipped in the theocracy of Begnion, though her followers could be found continental-wide, not only there were she had slept for hundreds of years.

Laatst aangepast door ~Reyson op ma jun 08, 2015 3:28 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Pelleas

Pelleas

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyma jun 08, 2015 1:38 pm

Thank you, Reyson. I couldn't have worded it any better.
~Reyson

~Reyson

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyma jun 08, 2015 3:29 pm

No problem. After all, it's a good cause to educate those Beorc.
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyma jun 08, 2015 3:33 pm

So, this Yune was known as a dark goddess.. but was she really.. dark? Dangerous? Evil? Scaaaaaary like Frederick when he wants everyone to train?

I mean----
I suppose 'chaos' is a bad thing but.. the way you two speak of her, she doesn't seem like a goddess to truly fear?
Sothe.

Sothe.

Aantal berichten : 521

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyma jun 08, 2015 3:47 pm

[ Mumbling to self. ]
When her consciousness was in that stupid bird she pecked me a lot.

It counts for being dangerous.

Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 12, 2015 11:16 am

Huh? Did you say something?
Sothe.

Sothe.

Aantal berichten : 521

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 12, 2015 11:17 am

-- Oh, no. Didn't say a word.
~Reyson

~Reyson

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 12, 2015 11:21 am

Yune was in fact the embodiment of chaos. Maybe here it starts where it gets really interesting for you Beorc.
As a heron, 'order' is what keeps me sane. 'Chaos' puts me in discomfort. It's only natural that I have to rely on Ashera's order for my own wellbeing.
On the other hand - when there is only order, other tribes - and the Beorc too are in discomfort. They all require a certain amount of chaos to feel alive.
For them, Yune is their freedom and health. And yet they do require a certain amount of order.
Thus, in the end we all need both Ashera and Yune - both Order and Chaos - to work as one. As Ashunera or... neither.
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 12, 2015 11:26 am

I think I understand it somewhat. So it's like two sides of a coin! I mean.. two halves of the same whole! Invisible ties and all-- no wait, not all of that.
~Reyson

~Reyson

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptyvr jun 12, 2015 11:26 am

Exactly as I said, indeed.
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptydo jul 09, 2015 10:54 am

So, what does total order feel like?
~Reyson

~Reyson

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptydo jul 09, 2015 10:54 am

Peaceful.
Morgan~

Morgan~

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptydo jul 09, 2015 10:58 am

That sounds great. Like there will be nothing to ever worry about!
~Reyson

~Reyson

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Emptydo jul 09, 2015 11:00 am

It's ironic however. The peace we've experienced in the world of Order was.. painful. It was on the cost of many people's lives and we had to yet fear for our lives.
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Culture? Goddesses?   Culture? Goddesses? Empty

Culture? Goddesses?
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 2Ga naar pagina : 1, 2  Volgende

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
fire emblem forum :: Cafe :: Algemene topics-
Ga naar: